What led to this focus
In 2004 I left a desk job and marriage, went back to school to finish a degree in Performing Arts and Psychology, and had my world blasted open with the discovery of Burning Man.
But really maybe this began back when as a child, I regularly spent hours getting lost in the hills, eating flowers, and playing in mud, imagining making love in the tall grass before I knew what sex was. Or when, I tried to seduce my 1st grade teacher by asking him to read bible verses with me. I never quite fit in as a kid and At 14 I dropped out of high school, and dove full time into dance training and Psychology courses at JFK University.
In 2005 Burning Man culture officially introduced me to the world of Awakening and the Human Potential Movement where suddenly there was a stark contrast between what most of the world unconsciously does and the depth of conscious experience available. Kink, polyamory, sex-positivity, pansexuality, gender fluidity, psychedelics, chaos, creativity, infinite possibility....
In 2006 I surrendered to a 6 month 24/7 collared Master/Slave relationship with a man teaching 3 day workshops based on the work of David Deida. This work introduced me to the idea that every bodied person holds The Masculine and The Feminine and the experience now gives me dear understanding of "Guru culture", the eroticized, the pervasive influence of the ego, and the power of surrender.
I trained for 7 years in Advaita Tantra (non-duality) with the late Dr. Shakti Malan. Most notably, her 18 month Totality Therapy Training prepared me to hold space of equanimity (witness without judgment) for all the taboo and shadowed material of human fear and arousal. I went on to assist as a Senior Student in her Soul Mate Within and Sexual Awakening for Women courses online and in person.
I now bring this honoring of the wisdom of sexual shadow integration into the modalities of Transformational Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Hakomi Somatic Therapy.
Currently passionate about integrating all of the above through the teachings of partners Justin Patrick Pierce and Londin Angel Winters with respect to sacred sexuality and the development of exquisite consciousness in this full bodied journey of being human.
- NLP Marin (Neuro-linguistic Programming) Certified Master Practitioner and Transformational NLP Practitioner
- 7 years of study with the late Dr. Shakti Malan
- Hakomi Somatic Therapy trained practitioner (2 year program)
- Justin Patrick Pierce and Londin Angel Winters, The Yoga of Intimacy, and Justin's Sacred Teacher Training
- Adam Gainsburg's Open Human Heart Circles
- Family Constellations
- Jon Eisman's Re-Creation of the Self
- WholeBody Wisdom and the work of David Deida
- Betty Martin's Wheel of Consent
- HAI (The Human Awareness Institute)
- ISTA (the International School of Temple Arts)
- Landmark Education
- 13 Moon Mystery School of Ariel Spilsbury
- different approaches of Shamanic exploration
- BA in Performing Arts (Acting Focus) and Psychology from Saint Mary's College
- 5 years of Bok-Fu Karate, Pilates, Yoga, 15 years of dance study
- Nearly 50 full length theatre productions